|Date:||June 09, 2018|
|Time:||10:00 am—4:00 pm|
|Location:||Museum of York County|
• Discover the incredible world of butterflies with special guest, author and educator Rick Mikula, the “Butterfly Man;” presentations at 10:15 am and 11:15 am for our younger visitors and 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm for adults interested in growing a pollinator garden. Rick’s book, “The Family Butterfly Book” will be available for purchase in our gift store and there will be a book signing at 1 pm
• Gather free materials from the South Carolina Palmetto Wildlife Federation and the York County Native Plant Society about planting native plants to encourage pollinators.
• Enjoy a marvelous moth display hosted by John Taylor.
• Butterfly-themed activities will be available throughout the Museum.
• Visit our outdoor Monarch Waystation and our new Butterfly Porch between 11 am – 2 pm to see butterflies up close and personal. Thanks to Carolina Heritage Nursery for landscaping our Butterfly Porch.
• Butterfly Releases after morning presentations – weather permitting.
This traveling exhibition, produced and traveled by Minotaur Mazes, is a totally interactive learning experience within a maze setting. Engaging both mentally and physically, the mazes offer visitors, both young and old alike, a fun, hands-on way to explore the fascinating world of butterflies. Divided into themed sections, the exhibit encompasses the life journey of a caterpillar to metamorphosis into a butterfly. Uniquely designed to give visitors a view of the world from a butterflies eyes, activities are designed to reveal intriguing facts about a butterfly’s life and the friends or predators they meet along the way. From mimicking the way caterpillars crawl to wrapping up in a cocoon, getting trapped in a spider’s web or flying away into the sky, the Amazing Butterflies Maze has a new and exciting adventure waiting around every corner!