About Hightower Hall
Hightower Hall is the first building seen by most visitors to Historic Brattonsville, a 775-acre Revolutionary War living history site. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Historic Brattonsville features more than 30 historic structures open to the public.
Hightower Hall is available for rent for weddings, small conferences, corporate functions, bridal portraits, receptions and community meetings. Originally called “Forest Hall,” the Italianate villa was built for John Simpson Bratton, Jr., and his wife Harriet Rainey Bratton in 1856. The building was updated for modern use through a recently completed $2 million renovation including restoration of windows and shutters, lead paint removal, installation of heating and air conditioning and replacement of the standing seam metal roof. Grand sweeping lawns under a canopy of oaks provide the perfect backdrop for gatherings of up to 350 people.
The re-use of existing buildings is the ultimate in responsible, “green” use of our resources. In the renovations of Hightower Hall, existing materials were used whenever possible to extend our green operations. The building has full ADA accessibility, catering and dining areas in more than 4,000 square feet.