Southern Sound Series
Bringing the Soul of Americana to the Heart of the Carolina Piedmont!
Throughout its history, the Lowry Family Theater at the McCelvey Center has provided students and area residents access to the performing arts. The historic theater seats over 500 guests, has a lovely 1920s ambiance and is noted for its remarkable acoustics. Our annual music series is supported by the Friends of McCelvey, and showcases established and emerging Southern musical acts. Past performers include Doc Watson, Ralph Stanley and the Carolina Chocolate Drops.
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 24!
Tickets are non-refundable. All exchange privileges are subject to availability.
- House opens 1 hour prior to curtain.
- Photography, video and/or audio recording is strictly prohibited during performance at the theater.
- Phones should be set to silent modes. If patrons must take a call during a performance, please go to the lobby for the comfort of the audience and performers.
- Restless or crying children should be taken to the nearest exit, where ushers will be available for assistance. Patrons are asked to be sensitive to audience comfort.
- Handicapped-accessible restrooms are located on the second floor. Handicapped seating and parking available.
- Food and beverages are not allowed inside the Theater.