Historic Brattonsville opens its doors for our annual Christmas Candlelight Tours on Dec. 8, 9, and 10.
Dec. 8 – Members Only | Dec. 9 & 10 – Everyone Welcome!
Pre-registration Required. Tickets are limited and must be purchased in advance for timed tour slots.
Members only are invited to an Exclusive Christmas Candlelight Tour night on Friday, Dec. 8.
Join a period-dressed tour guide through a guided candlelit tour, set in 1867, to explore how the Christmas holiday highlighted the apprehension and hope of post-Civil War York County.
• Make-and-take activities: Candle-dipping and making ‘scherenschnitte’ (German for “scissor cuts”) snowflake ornaments
• Brass band and traditional fiddle music
• Christmas shopping at the Historic Brattonsville Gift Shop and Phil Gilson, Glassblower
In addition to tours members enjoy:
• Complimentary Concessions including, Toasty Grilled Cheese, Warm Tomato Soup, Hoop Cheese and Crackers, Fresh Popcorn, Hot Cocoa with seasonal toppings, and Creamy Fudge.
• A visit with Father Christmas and a photo session in a rustic country setting.
• And take home a 2023 Christmas Candlelight Tours keepsake coloring ornament.
These benefits are exclusive to members only on Friday, Dec. 8.
Friday, Dec. 8 is exclusive to members only. Members who wish to bring guests with them can visit on Saturday, Dec. 9 or Sunday, Dec. 10 and purchase non-member tickets for their guests. Please note, any non-members who have not registered in advance will have to purchase a membership to participate in the Christmas Candlelight Tours on Friday, Dec. 8th.
Please Note: Site will be closed to the public until 3 p.m. Brattonsville Road will be closed from 2:45 p.m. until 9 p.m. Please allow time for the posted detour. Be sure to arrive and check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
Reserve your free online tickets to this event with the purchase of a CHM membership. Membership benefits include free General Admission to all Culture & Heritage Museums sites for one year from date of purchase. Membership information at: https://sales.chmuseums.org/membership.aspx