Plan Your Visit
Museum of York County
Maps & Directions
Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Saturday
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving (and the day following Thanksgiving), Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
A Day At Museum of York County
Members & Children 3 and younger
* Pre-booked group rates available. See information below.
* Admission prices are subject to change.
The visually impaired community is invited to visit us for a guided tactile experience in our Naturalist Center. Individuals or groups are welcome. Questions or specific requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 803-981-9182.
Online Ticket Sales Cutoff
Walkup Ticket Sales Cutoff
Groups are welcome at all Culture & Heritage Museum sites. Special group programs are available for 15 or more people and must be scheduled in advance.
Group Tour Information
- Guided tours and special programs are available for groups at an additional charge per tour or program; groups requesting special programming must make reservations at least one month in advance.
- Chaperones pay the regular admission price, which includes any special program fees, if applicable.
- Memberships cannot be used for or in conjunction with group admission.
- 2023-24 Field Trip Planner
- The visually impaired community is invited to visit us for a guided tactile experience in our Naturalist Center. Individuals or groups are welcome. Questions or specific requests, please contact email@example.com or at 803-981-9182.
For additional information or to make reservations contact:
Is the museum handicap accessible?
Click here to view accessibility information for the Museum of York County.
May I leave and return in the same day?
Yes, you can leave and return to the Museum later in the day. Please keep your receipt or reservation email to show to the Visitor Services staff member at the front desk for same-day re-entry.
Are pre-registered tickets refundable?
Pre-registered tickets are non-refundable and will be considered as a donation to the Museum.
I purchased tickets in advance but now I need to reschedule, what do I do?
Please call (803)329-2121 and one of our visitor services associates will assist you.
How often are the planetarium shows changed?
Planetarium shows change from month to month. Click here to view our upcoming shows.
Is there a place to eat/have snacks on site?
Yes, there is both an enclosed picnic area and outdoor picnic area, both are available on a first come first serve basis for Museum visitors. The Museum Store has minimal café seating for those purchasing snacks from the Museum Store.
Are pets allowed in the museum?
No, pets are not allowed in the Museum. Service animals are always welcome.
Emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy dogs are not service animals under Title II and Title III of the ADA and are not allowed in the Museum.
Do you offer group rates/ field trips?
Yes. To learn more about our group programs click here. To learn more about our field trip offerings click here.
Do you host birthday parties?
We do not host birthday parties at the Museum of York County.
4621 Mt. Gallant Rd.
Rock Hill, SC 29732